9.08.2011

August 7: Our anniversary

Seven years ago, Justin and I got married. Funny, if you would have told me where I would have been seven years from that day, I wouldn’t have believed you. I couldn’t imagine doing this with anyone else. We make such a great team, and I believe as we grow together, we get stronger. We are more settled, and as the years pass, we know each other better….and what makes one another tick. I know how he is going to react, what pushes his buttons, and what he needs to feel loved. It is great…this growing old together thing. I think I have finally realized why God wanted us to stick it out and make marriage forever. There will DEFINATLEY be time we ALL want out, but if you just hold on, the reward is well worth it. I appreciate him more, love him more deeply, trust him with everything, and feel safe with him. He is a great husband and father, and I adore him. He even does the dishes, changes diapers, wakes up with the kids, can change oil on the car and fix things! Someone recently asked me what the most important thing was in a lasting marriage…I said grace. I also think a dose of “it’s not about me” goes a long way, and unselfishness is the biggest lesson I am learning to date…along with learning how to speak his love language.

Thank you Justin, for being you and being the best husband ever!