12.21.2010

Nov 19: 30 and the bucket list

30.

On November 19, 2010, I turned 30. To be honest, after such a "big" year, 30 doesn't seem too bad. I have realized, for the first real time, I am not invincible. I guess that comes with getting older. I mean, I could very well, die.
Crazy thought I know.....amazing it took me this long to think of it.

Anyway, it made me think about what I want be true about me the next 10 years, God willing He keeps me here. I also thought, I want to tell some of my good friends that are also turning 30...hoping they too, would be challenged to think about the next 10 years being the best 10 years yet.

Here is my bucket list:

-commit to being mentored in my 30s
-be obedient to the Holy Spirit’s prompts
-love family and friends well (pay attention)
-be expectant for God to do something amazing
-not be scared to try new things and look dumb
-thrive and be stretched
Here is what we all committed to doing:
-get a tattoo
-get our grandma's to say “boner”
-call Bill Devore “cuch” at least once (checked this one off my list :)
-take a trip
-do something annually as a group
-go on a mission trip
-as best as possible, become the woman God made me
-stay married (or get married)…love our husbands well
-go on the giant swing at Lake Geneva Camps and Conferences
-sing a song at a karaoke bar

I am blown away by my friends response. Not only were they willing to share, they were excited. The night was blessed by God. Something I anticipated lasting 30 minutes took 3.5 hours. I welcomed my 30's in with a bang. We enjoyed each other's company and the Lord wove our stories and struggles together. We were open, vulnerable, and honest. We were not trying to compare or "one up" each other. We cried, we laughed, we shared, we danced. I know it was significant for everyone. I loved how my friends, some who never met, embraced one another. Especially, my dear friend Kelly from Roscoe. I know she knows how loved she is from my friends! That makes me feel like a proud mama!

Thank you to my bucket list girls! Here's to our 30's...may we live it to the fullest!
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It is about learning to dance in the rain!