2.19.2010

over my tantrum

so...I am feeling much better both physically and emotionally. I have accepted that dark days are going to come, but I have vowed to myself and to my children that they will be brief. I don't want to sit in a place that is so defeating. I have a choice to make and I don't want to waste precious time with them pouting, but I also know I have to sit in it for a bit when it comes. It is not healthy to try to hide it or keep them in. As a dear friend claims, "LIVLIFE" and I want desperately to live it well.

I started this blog origonally to capture our memories in a "scrapbook" format so I could print it annually into a book (www.thecutestblogontheblock.com) does it for you very easily. I drop pictures in the blog and write a bit about the ins and outs of life and it is a great way for me to capture the memories. I just got my 2009 book. It is awesome. It even prints the comments you left! So, in keeping with tradition, my next few posts will be short and full of fun pictures to start 2010!

Thank you for all your prayers, food, cards, well-wishes, texts, e-mails, flowers, and house cleaning.....I should get sick more often! (JUST KIDDING!!!)

In like fashion, some of God's words from Psalm 42:3-6

Day and night I have only tears for food,
while my enemies (my thoughts) continually taunt me, saying,
“Where is this God of yours?”

My heart is breaking
as I remember how it used to be:
I walked among the crowds of worshipers,
leading a great procession to the house of God,
singing for joy and giving thanks
amid the sound of a great celebration!

Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again—my Savior and my God!