7.02.2012

April 2012 updates

April 5, 2012: AFO’s Jayden’s new additions are AFO’s….an orthotic boot/sock that he wears at night to help keep him from toe walking. He is tolerating them well.
. . . . . . . . . . April 7-8, 2012: Rockford shower and Easter Before we left for Rockford, the kids and I made easter eggs! Then, the next day we drove out for Mallory’s shower (which was lovely) and to spend Easter with family in Rockford. We had a wonderful day enjoying the great weather starting at a park! As you can tell from the pics they loved the swings! When we came back, my mom was dressed like an easter bunny!(sorry-we took a lot of pics) We finished the day by egg hunting back in beach park with cousin Lucy. Fun times!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . April 13-15, 2012: Sundara Spa This weekend we were blessed to be able to go enjoy a spa weekend at the dells, just the 2 of us. Awhile back, Kelly and some dear friends nominated me for an “award” at a woman’s conference called original gives. "> It was amazing (here’s a link to the video they made and it is also at the bottom of our blog.) "> Part of the gift that was included was a 2 night stay at Sundara. Even the website is calming! It is kinda pricy, but a great for a girls trip! It was going to expire in May, so even though Jut and I felt a bit guilty leaving the kids and the house and going up there, it was exactly what we needed. I forget how wonderful and needed time with Jut is without the kids. Granted, I love family time…there is something about just being together alone that is refreshing for my soul and for our marriage. We had a great time going to a late dinner on Friday and enjoying what we could of the spa (being 8 months pregnant limits you). Saturday we walked around the outlet mall and went to an antique place (one of my favorite things to do). We took a nap (which is unheard of for us on a Saturday) and then got an evening couples massage which was fab! We also had time to enjoy the pool outdoors during the day cause the weather was freakishly nice. Again, a much needed trip. Thank you to the 2 sets of grandparents who tackled J and B so we could go! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . April 22, 2012: hospital visit Well, thanks to the flu bug, I landed myself in the hospital dehydrated. Bummer! When I get sick, I just struggle bouncing back and obviously being pregnant, I don’t want to get too dehydrated. I was contracting too so I thought it would be best to go to the hospital. Jut stayed with the kiddos and Angie was kind enough to take me down. I was given an IV and some drugs to stop contracting and discharged the next morning with no cervical change. Thanks, Ang!