4.07.2010

Brooklyn's Tubes



Well-another successful visit to Children's! I have to say that I was a little less nervous about this one. Brooklyn had tubes put in today and she did a fantastic job! There were so many of you praying for her! She was a little trooper! So strong. As she was wheeled away in her little hospital crib...she was on her belly, propped up, smiling in true Brooklyn fashion, wearing her bow! She did great and there were no problems.

Routine.

I can't tell you how those words mean so much to us. They didn't have to put her under anesthesia and just used gas because she didn't get her adnoids shaved like Jayden so she recovered without a tear. Thank you God-for answering our prayers today!




Also, we are getting ready for an eventful Saturday with our first official fundraiser. This past week, we went to Bee Street for lunch with the kids. It was weird seeing flyers with my kids faces on every table and door in the place. I chose to accept it for what is was and enjoyed a lunch with my kiddos. As we were eating, I saw the wheels turning of some people at the next table as they connected the dots.....Hey-those are the kids on the flyer. They smiled and interacted with the kids. In my head...I kept saying....yep. That's us. Not someone else.


At the end of our meal, they motioned for me to come over. As I headed over, they handed me a check for $50. People who don't even know us. A complete stranger. But for that 30 minutes of lunch, they DID know us and my kids touched their life enough to not look away. It's not about the money. It is the fact that my kids were seen, loved and touched a life. THAT is what thriving in this is all about. It is what we all want from life, isn't it?


Thank you, God, for using this awful thing to bring you glory. May you continue to shine through our family. Lord, I pray for a cure or treatment. Save my precious babies. Regardless, my prayer is that you will use my babies to teach us all how to live. I want to live expecting heaven....Thank you for protecting my children from the pain of this world....thank you for using my pain to always point back to how truly wonderful you are. Help me THRIVE, not just survive in the storm....I want to dance in the rain.

Amen