4.12.2010

Easter...a bit late

I wanted to post a few pics from Easter and I was a bit late. I want to comment that this Easter was the first Easter that I can actually say held more significance to me than ever before. I took time to walk through an exhibit dedicated to the hours leading up to the death of Jesus-Stations of the Cross-that our church put together. I also think my reaction to suffering is heightened given our situation. It was so meaningful to me that Jesus would suffer for a sinner like me. And at the level of suffering He endured so I can live eternally with my Maker.

I also think of God as father and what it was like to see His perfect son cry out as he was dying, "My Daddy, My Daddy, why have you forsaken me?" Wow. The best part of Friday was the anticipation I felt, that I never felt before, for Sunday. The day Jesus rose from the grave. The significance of that day is what made Jesus-God in the flesh. It fulfilled Scripture and gave truth its very foundation. We serve a LIVING God. It sets us apart from every other faith. How amazing! On Sunday, I enjoyed celebrating knowing that Jesus is risen and He will fulfill His promises and my children will be in his presence. We will be in his presence. Eternally. What hope! It makes this fallen world so insignificant sometimes for me-in a good way!

Now on to the pics...

Jay and Brooklyn Sunday morning...






















Elle Bea!




The cousins-Elle Bea, Brooklyn and Lucy Jane!
Lucy rockin the shades...


Brooklyn-my little bunny!
Sarah and BeeBa having a moment....


The men and the women...seperate like a junior high dance...


Aunt Jill and Lucy...

Cole helping Jay find easter eggs..






Here is some pics of Easter Morning and Saturday dying eggs with Ama!