1.11.2010

Grandpa Bakken

On Friday Jan 8, 2010...8:47, we were with Bud when he took his last breath on earth and entered heaven. I can't say I have ever seen someone pass, but if I die,
at 84,
in my home,
surrounded by all my children,
some of the grandchildren,
and a few great-grandchildren..
..after hours of songs, laughter, tears, and more loved ones.....

.....I couldn't think of a better way to leave this world.

I can't wait to go to heaven to be with (hopefully) all my loved ones. Heaven promises something even greater....being forever with Jesus. One of the many things I learned from and admire about Bud was this truth. It changed the way he lived his life. It wasn't just a belief, or a religion, it changed him. I want Jesus to be seen in my life...so when I die, people don't see me, they see Jesus. I think that is one reason we are so sad to see him go. Because when you were with Bud, you were also with Jesus, cause you felt God's presence in him.

Tonight the visistation had about 300 people in attendance. People influenced by his life stood over an hour to comfort the family for 5 minutes. What a tribute to Bud's life.

The funeral will be hard. Lots of tears cause we miss him. It will be at Beach Bible Church, across from Zion-Benton High School on 21st st. in Zion-IL at 10:30 AM.

I miss him.

Here is the new Psalm I am claiming...

Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue JAYDEN AND BROOKLYN from every trap and protect THEM from deadly disease.
4 He will cover MY CHILDREN with his feathers. He will shelter MY CHILDREN with his wings. His faithful promises are OUR armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid, STEFANIE of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch YOUR FAMILY.
8 Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished.
9 If you make the Lord your refuge, STEFANIE, if you make the Most High your shelter,

10 no evil will conquer YOUR FAMILY; no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels to protect THEM wherever you go.
12 They will hold JAYDEN AND BROOKLYN up with their hands so THEY won’t even hurt THEIR foot on a stone.
13 THEY will trample upon lions and cobras; THEY will crush fierce lions and serpents under THEIR feet!
14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.

15 When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”